Job descriptionApps Merchandising Manager
Location: 12 Months
Rate: £25.00 - £30.00 per hour
Hours: 9am – 6pm
As a Merchandising Manager for our client you will impact millions of users everyday by owning merchandising efforts end-to-end for the Apps vertical within your market(s).
- You will be the expert on the content, user needs, and the local ecosystems.
- You will work with Merchandisers from other verticals on country strategy, Business Development on understanding strategic partner needs, and Product & Engineering on supporting new platform capabilities.
- You will develop and execute against a scaled apps merchandising strategy across the EMEA region [with particular focus, but not limited to, GB, FR, DE, RU]; delivering retail promotions for the Apps vertical while continually analyzing performance metrics and optimizing the user experience.
- You are able to understand what content is compelling for users and can create editorial focused on top user needs.
- You have knowledge of EMEA markets and are familiar with content publishing systems.
- You bring extensive experience in an online or mobile business; a keen devotion to the user; superb organization and communication skills; and a track record of beating traffic, conversion and revenue goals.
- You will help build and maintain the company’s merchandising program. Based on your digital content marketing experience, you will coordinate and launch effective online campaigns and promotions.
- You bring to the table strong retail instincts, sharp analytical abilities, and impeccable oral and written communication skills.
- You are comfortable working cross-functionally with product, design, marketing, engineering, and other teams to develop an innovative user experience.
- It’s important that you be able to work both independently and collaboratively to develop new content features and scalable merchandising processes.
- You’ll also have a track record for successful prioritization, meeting critical deadlines, and enthusiastically addressing challenges with an eye toward problem solving.
- Develop the scalable regional merchandising strategy for the Apps vertical and execute against the global plan.
- Own the regional merchandising program and create apps campaigns and content for EMEA markets.
- Analyze internal data, market research and industry trends to select content to promote and to understand how users are engaging with the recommended apps
- Develop user insight for the Apps vertical, research new and trending's apps as well as help test these apps for quality and usefulness.
- Develop best practise and processes to further enable the highest quality delivery of campaigns and content in region.
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience 5 years of experience in a merchandising or marketing role for an online commerce or digital content business.
- Knowledge of the apps ecosystem, categories and business models Deep knowledge and experience of the EMEA region.
- Experience of working cross-functionally Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze research or performance data and apply that analysis to optimize merchandising strategy.
- Ability to work with partners to develop co-promotion or cross-promotion strategies and campaigns.
- Ability to advise on strategies and product requirements to enhance merchandising capabilities.
- Strong communication skills and collaborative working approach.
- 3+ years of experience working in function or company focused on mobile, ecommerce or gaming Fluency in German.