Job descriptionWeb Solutions Engineer
Length: 12 months
Rate: £33.00 - £37.00 per hour
Hours: 9am – 6pm
As a Web Solutions Engineer on the Tools Development and Automation team, you'll be responsible for managing solutions that make our client's broader Product Operations organization more efficient. You'll drive the development of tools and will be involved in ideating required product features and designing/implementing quick and scalable solutions. You will work with our client's infrastructure to handle big problems over large datasets.
- Build full-stack web software in Java and TypeScript, including back-end services, data models, and front-end components, for users within our client's Technical Services and Sales organizations.
- Collaborate with Product Engineers to enhance core platforms and create applications using standard and our client's software development tools.
- Write and review technical documents, including design, development, revision documents and review code in compiled or scripted languages.
- Analyze, review, and modify programs to increase operating efficiency or meet new requirements as well as execute testing, debugging, maintenance and/or program updates.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement features and/or small modules independently.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Masters degree in Computer Science.
Ideally around 6-7 years of experience in web development with object-oriented programming languages.
Demonstrated an ability to design and implement features and/or small modules independently.
Experience with databases, database querying (SQL), and data modeling. Experience with unit testing, agile software development, and bug and change management systems.
Strong communication skills and ability to work with stakeholders to provide technical solutions to business challenges.