Job descriptionGames Editor
Length: 5 Months
Rate: £22 to 23.09 per hour
Hours: 40 per week
Would you like to work for one of the biggest Tech organisations in the world?
The Games merchandising team curates’ games content within an online gaming platform globally. From amplifying big global game launches to supporting small indies or highlighting local moments, our team makes sure the platform e is always relevant to our users.
- You will help the Games Editorial team create, curate and program editorial content on the platform, globally.
- You’re a whizz with words, taking feedback positively and working collaboratively towards unified goals.
- You’re comfortable following up with people if details aren’t clear, and you have excellent attention to detail, aligning everything to our tone and style guides and placing the user first.
- You’ll enjoy talking about and playing mobile games as each week you’ll be searching for and testing the most interesting games on the platform.
- Using your strong knowledge of the medium, you’ll dissect and assess titles, accurately explaining what makes them special and reporting this back to the team. You’ll be able to articulate these thoughts clearly, concisely, and credibly to an audience with varying knowledge of the subject.
- You’re familiar with using Google Workspace, comfortable navigating your way around custom content management systems, and enjoy juggling information from multiple sources to ensure the content you produce is accurate and timely.
- Strong writing and communication skills with an ability to write for specific audiences in British and/or American English A collaborative approach to working Knowledge of video games and the games industry
- Confidence in articulating positives & negatives of game design and interactions
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to hit deadlines Familiarity with using and updating style guides