Career Moves


What you need to know about working with us

Information for Agency Workers

Whether it’s a placement for a couple of days, or several months, we recruit across a variety of temporary and contract jobs within our specialist areas.

View our latest jobs.

Already a PAYE agency worker? Take a look at our frequently asked questions.

Timesheets and Payment

1. Will I need to complete a timesheet?

Yes, you will need to complete one timesheet per assignment. If you have two assignments in one week, with different clients, you will need to submit two separate timesheets.

2. Where do I get my timesheet and how should I submit it?

To make things really easy, we have created an online timesheet. We will supply you with login details and a guide to the online portal. Once you have logged in, you need to submit your hours and click send.

Your completed timesheet must reach us by 9am on Monday to ensure that you are paid the same Friday. Please double check all information before submitting!

3. When will I get paid?

If you submit your completed timesheet by 9am on Monday, you will be paid on the same Friday. Any timesheets received after this time will not be processed until the following week’s payroll.

4. How will I get paid?

You will be paid via bank transfer (using the UK bank details you provide). This will appear on each applicable Friday, in arrears. For example: If you worked from Monday 6th January to Friday 10th January, you will submit your timesheet by 9am on Monday 12th January and be paid on Friday 17th January.

5. What happens if the payment date falls on a bank holiday?

If the payment date falls on a bank holiday, you will be paid on the nearest working day. All temporary staff will be advised of any changes to payroll dates and the corresponding timesheet deadlines.

6. What is the difference between a P45 and a P46?

You will receive a P45 from your employer when you terminate your employment with them. It summarises how much you have been paid during the financial year and how much tax has been deducted.

If you are not leaving a job (for example you are entering employment for the first time, or taking on a second job), you will need to complete a P46 form. This is the employee's responsibility to complete and will include information such Jobseeker’s Allowance or student loan payments.

7. What is more beneficial? A P45 or P46?

It is preferable to have a P45 over a P46. Tax is now recorded in ‘real time’ (on a week-by-week basis) and a P45 ensures that you are paying the correct amount of tax from day one.

8. I can’t get hold of my P45, what should I do?

Please let us know as soon as you can and we can supply you with a P46 form to complete. You will need to declare your working status along with some additional information such as Jobeseeker’s Allowance or student loan payments.

The form must be submitted to HMRC which will update your work history and tax code as applicable.

9. I think I am paying too much tax, what should I do?

Although we cannot amend your tax code unless advised by HMRC, you can contact our accounts team on 0207 758 4300 who will check your current tax code.

Alternatively, you can contact HMRC directly on 0300 200 3200 quoting your National Insurance Number.

Close Section
Holiday Entitlement

1. Will I be entitled to paid annual leave?

In line with the Working Time Regulations (1998), PAYE temporary workers are entitled to 28 days paid annual leave (inclusive of public holidays) on a pro-rata basis. Some employers may offer additional holiday days.

2. How is annual leave calculated?

Annual leave pay is accrued from the date of your first assignment with Career Moves. This is your anniversary date and you must claim all holiday before the year runs out.

It is calculated using your average earnings over the previous 12 weeks, therefore it will not be equal to your usual rate of pay (unless you have not taken annual leave in the previous 12 weeks).

You can only claim holiday pay for the days you have accrued.

3. How will I know how much holiday I have accrued?

You holiday accrual will be shown on your payslip:

½ Day = 0.10                                      

1 Days = 0.20

2 Days = 0.40

5 Days = 1.00

6 Days = 1.20

4. Can I carry over outstanding annual leave?

Annual leave pay is accrued from the date of your first assignment with Career Moves. This is your anniversary date and you must claim all holiday before the year runs out.

5. What happens if I leave?

If you leave your assignment or contract is terminated, payment will be made in lieu of holiday accrued.

6. How do I request holiday?

Please request annual leave directly to Career Moves by emailing

Close Section
Agency Workers Regulations

1.What is ‘Agency Workers Regulations’ (AWR)?

This is a set of regulations, which will provide all agency workers with the right to the same treatment as their directly recruited equivalents after a 12 week qualifying period.

2. What does it apply to?

This applies to all basic working and employment conditions including:

  • Duration of working time
  • Overtime
  • Breaks and rest periods
  • Night work
  • Holiday entitlement including public holidays

AWR also applies to pay. This covers basic pay plus any overtime, payment for annual leave, bonus or commission payments directly linked to the quality or quantity of work completed, and vouchers or stamps with a monetary value.

You will also be entitled to access to certain facilities and information from your first day of employment. This can include access to internal job vacancies, staff canteen, childcare and transport assistance. Any additional benefits will be advised at the point of employment.

Self employed/Ltd contractors are not included in the AWR.

3. How is the 12 weeks qualifying period calculated?

This is based on 12 calendar weeks, regardless of working patterns. A new qualifying period begins when:

  • You start a new job with a new employer
  • You start a new assignment, which is considerably different, with the same employer
  • There is a break of more than six weeks between assignments in the same role

The accrual period will pause in the event of:

  • Any reason where there is a break of six weeks or less
  • Sickness absence
  • Annual leave
  • Shut downs (company closure for a period of time)
  • Jury Service
  • Industrial action

It is not affected during pregnancy or maternity leave absence.

Close Section
Leaving Career Moves

I want to leave Career Moves, what do I need to do?

If you are considering leaving us, you will need a P45 to give to your new employer. You can get this by emailing your request to and stating your last day of work.

Close Section

Register for job alerts

Keep up to date with all our job opportunities

Register with Us