Rate: £250 – £350 per day (Inside IR35 via umbrella)
Hours: 9am – 6pm
Ref no: 85E90
This client is one of the world’s largest and most respected broadcasting organisations. One of the UK’s flagship media organisations, this client operates numerous TV channels, radio stations and digital platforms, catering to diverse audiences both in the UK and around the globe.
To provide professional financial support to a range of stakeholders, effective control of financial processes and delivering operational excellence. This role will also contribute to the continuous improvement of finance and key processes.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Budgeting & Forecasting:
- Provision of information, analysis and supporting commentary to a range of stakeholders.
- Review short term plans and assist in the production of budgets, extrapolation of trends and support the input of financial data.
Accounting & Reporting:
- Review, analyse, monitor and update forecasts.
- Maintain short term financial plans, monitor and report actual expenditure against set budgets, assist with the closure of year end accounts and statutory reporting.
Controls and Compliance:
- Improve efficiency and controls of financial processes, methodologies and environments.
- Develop, test and review new methods and practices.
- Explain and reinforce our client’s Finance policies and guidelines
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent
- Significant experience of delivering a high quality accounting and reporting service.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Ability to take complex data/principles and to communicate these in an understandable way to wider team
- Knowledge of the theory and practical application of accounting principles and controls.