Project Manager III
Location: UK (Remote)
Rate: £36.59 – £55.04 per hour (Inside IR35)
REF no: 47185
This client is a top 5 tech giant and owner of some of the world’s most popular social media platforms and instant messaging apps, connecting billions of people across the globe.
The main function of a non-IT project manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as engineering, research and development, financial systems and product roll-out, etc. or any other non-IT based project.
The Product Data Operations (PDO) team plays a critical role in product development with our client. The team provides data and insights that power artificial intelligence (AI), measurement and insight at the core of all our client’s products. The team partners closely with product and engineering teams, internal stakeholders and vendors to provide the human operational rigor required to support some of the most advanced technology with our client.
As a Project Manager on the PDO team, you are responsible for managing data labeling, collection, and annotation programs end-to-end, managing vendor teams to review content that will help engineers train or evaluate models. You will work cross-functionally to scope new projects, and optimize existing programs, proactively surfacing insights, providing recommendations for product improvement, and actively engaging with partners to enhance operational processes across the organization. This role is highly cross-functional and collaborative, requiring you to partner with Product, Engineering, Data Science, Data Engineering, Operations Partnerships, Legal, and Privacy, among other teams. You will be required to showcase excellent leadership, project management, problem solving, and communication to both internal and external colleagues at scale and across multiple time zones.
As a PDO Project Manager, you will lead the operations that support our client’s Monetization efforts, developing AI and measurement to deliver value to our customers, users and the business. This is an exciting and impactful space, working to develop cutting edge technology, while managing global privacy considerations.
- Scope and understand product team needs, and translate into efficient, effective operational processes
- Directly manage, monitor and report on the day-to-day tasks, workflows, and metrics of vendor teams responsible for data labelling efforts
- Proactively identify opportunities and provide recommendations to improve operational efficiencies and implement scalable solutions
- Independently liaise with multiple stakeholders to drive projects forward in a highly ambiguous, fast paced environment
- Maintain strong, efficient communication between multiple stakeholders across time zones
- Partner with product teams to understand longer term operational requirements to enable them to build product roadmaps and AI integration strategy.
- Help establish team goals and work with multiple stakeholders on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and reporting results.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Ability to develop novel solutions to complex, ambiguous problems
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, and collaborative conflict resolution
- Education/ experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in a consumer-oriented product environment, consulting, operations, or project management role
- Experience working in highly cross-functional, fast paced environments
- Experience with data-driven decision making and problem solving
- Experience of Product Development
- Experience with AI / Machine Learning
- Proficiency in SQL
- Understanding of our client’s products
- Proven history of influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority