Meet The Team: Suzanne Chileshe, Account Manager
- by Suzanne Chileshe
- 1 Feb 2017
Welcome to our "Meet The Team" series. Career Moves have gone through a growth period over the past year with the team growing and many promotions being made. Each week we are going to introduce you to a team member so you can get to know them a bit better. Today, we introudce Suzanne Chilshe, Account Manager, HR Division.
- When did you first get into recruitment?
Just over a year ago.
- Why did you get into recruitment?
I haven’t come across any other industry that allows for uncapped earning potential and the ability to take ownership of my own business within a wider business. Another key factor was the fast-paced nature of the industry and the networking opportunities.
- If you did something different before you started recruitment, what was it and why did you change to recruitment?
I was completing my Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations.
- What is your favourite part of working at Career Moves?
My colleagues and the candidates. In this role I get to interact with distinct individuals who possess a great deal of knowledge, extended networks and support.
- What does your role involve?
A typical day in my role revolves around meeting with candidates to assess them for potential roles, headhunting through different social media channels and strategizing with my team.
- What is your advice to people looking for a new role?
Don’t be afraid to highlight your achievements. I speak with a lot of candidates who leave things out of their CV which they may not realise can be great selling points.
- How do you help your clients find the perfect person to fill a role?By really getting an understanding of the organisations culture and existing team. It’s essential to understand what may be missing or what works well so that you can put forward people that have strengths in those areas.
- What roles do you typically place?
Permanent generalist and specialist HR roles up to HR Business Partner/Manager level.
- What are some companies that you have worked with (to place people)?
BT, BBC, Deloitte, just to name a few.
- Fun fact about yourself
I used to partake in beauty pageants and I’m double jointed in my ankle.
- What do you like doing outside of work?
Going out to quirky bars and restaurants
- If you have ever lived outside the UK, where was it and why?
Australia - my parents moved there in 2009 and haven’t looked back since
- What’s on your bucket list?
Travelling the world
- What’s a goal for 2017 (i.e. trip planned/ class to do/ hobby to take up/ books to read)
Learn another language (I say this every year, still not bilingual)
Please feel free to get in contact with Suzanne for any job opportunities via email or call her on 0207 758 4331.